PCA Engineers Limited is looking to recruit a capable and talented Turbomachinery Aerodynamics Engineer to be based in its Lincoln office with an academic or industrial R&D background in turbomachinery design and/or analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to use your engineering skills to develop a successful career within turbomachinery aerodynamics.
The successful candidate will have a good engineering degree with sound engineering and computational abilities and possibly a higher degree and/or Chartered Engineer status. The post represents a rare opportunity to work on a broad range of turbomachinery problems and become an expert in one or more technically challenging fields.
The key responsibilities of a Turbomachinery Aerodynamics Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out advanced designs to achieve industry leading performance
- Advancing PCA's technology-base through participation in multidisciplinary research projects
- Developing their own and PCA's professional image through technical publications and presentations to international conferences
- Taking responsibility for the leadership of small teams at a later stage, guiding them through the R&D process
PCA is a group of talented and enthusiastic engineers committed to delivering world-class turbomachinery designs. Our philosophy is to recruit the brightest and most accomplished engineers and to encourage them to develop their careers through innovative, challenging projects and by building their reputation on the world stage. We advance our technology via internally-funded R&D and by participation in multinational shared-funding projects, where we sit as an SME partner alongside industry-leading OEMs.
The key skills and qualities of a Turbomachinery Aerodynamics Engineer:
- The candidate will ideally have post-graduate experience in the field of compressor or turbine design/analysis
- Possesses an empirical knowledge of the factors affecting turbomachinery design and performance including the structural constraints
- Have experience in the use of CFD as applied to the analysis of turbomachinery; recent use of ANSYS-CFX codes is of particular interest
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills, applying creative and innovative thinking to a range of issues with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication, project and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong awareness of safety issues and a commitment to keeping up to date with technical developments within the industry
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, please write or email, quoting reference aero2019, and enclosing your C.V. to:
Strictly no agents