PCA Recruiting in 2012Posted on 8th June 2012
An excellent opportunity now exists for an experienced Strucrual Engineer with a strong background in rotating machinery - ideally in turbomachinery design and analysis - to join this leading international engineering consultancy based in Lincoln, UK.
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have sound engineering and computational abilities. A higher degree and/or Chartered Engineer status would be advantageous.
Ideally we are looking for self-motivated, well-organised candidates who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team and can satisfy most, if not all, of the requirements listed below:
- At least 15 to 20 years experience in the mechanical design and analysis of rotating machinery with a proven record in component development, which includes: initial design; preliminary stress, vibration and heat transfer assessment; optimisation.
- Proven ability to formulate effective and innovative design solutions to meet the demanding operating environment and customer requirements.
- At least educated to first degree level (BSc) but MSc/MEng or PhD an advantage and possessing a good understanding of the theory and application of numerical methods applied to structural analysis. Able to keep abreast with current research and development in the area of structural analysis methods. Have an appreciation of fluid-structure interaction behaviour.
- Have a proven track record in the application of FE techniques to the analysis of linear and both geometric and material non-linear problems.
- Be knowledgeable on material fatigue and creep behaviour and able to conduct structural assessments, which will include the effects of fatigue, creep and vibration.
- Take a leading role in methods development to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of design and analysis procedures. Have a working knowledge of at least one programming language eg Fortran.
- Be able to liaise with customers to assess and advise on their requirements and produce comprehensive proposals.
- Be able to take responsibility for projects i.e Project Owner, and have good communication and report writing skills.
The successful candidate is likely to have worked for a major manufacturer in the field of gas turbines, industrial compressors etc.. They must be prepared to relocate to Lincoln; relocation expenses will be reimbursed.
Structural systems in use at PCA are ABAQUS and ANSYS, CAD – Unigraphics. Some experience with these programs would be advantageous.
Established for well over twenty years, PCA serves many of the world's leading manufacturers of axial and radial turbomachinery - including aero gas turbines, industrial gas turbines, steam turbines, air compressors, turbochargers, gas compressors and expanders, fans and pumps. Our extensive client base spans Europe, the Americas and the East. Openings also exist for similarly skilled individuals in aerodynamic design of turbomachinery and in combustor design.
The salary will be negotiable dependant on experience. Additional benefits include: UNUM insurance (extended sick leave); company pension scheme; employee share scheme (paying dividends if the company is profitable). This post offers a high potential for career growth to the top levels of the company.
Excellent possibilities exist for personal and professional development. Please forward your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining how your experience matches our key points 1 to 8 above.
Applications will be kept strictly confidential. There are no restrictions regarding gender, race and age. PCA is an equal opportunity employer.